What they are:
A clean beauty, long-wearing liquid lipstick made with 100% cruelty-free ingredients
*This post contains some “affiliate links”. This means if you click on an affiliate link and purchase a product/ service, I may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. However, I only recommend products, services, and/or business that I personally use, love, and/or believe will add value to my readers. Thank you so much!
Today, I want to take you into the world of Clove + Hallow Lip Velvets, but first let me introduce you to the brand...
- Developed by professional Makeup Artist Sarah Biggers, Clove + Hallow is a clean beauty line that is revolutionary in that the products are not only good for you, but they are actually covetingly beautiful!
- Products are made in the USA
- Their ingredients list incorporates a Clean15™ guarantee, this means you are going to get cosmetics that are clean and without paragons, phthalates or synthetic fragrances or flavors
- The products are PETA-certified cruelty-free and vegan
- Currently, the line consists of 11 products, including concealer (one of my top 10 all-time favorite beauty products!), foundation and lip colors. Blush, bronzer, illuminator and a pressed pigment palette were just introduced last year. Oh! And of course their Makeup Melt, which is a must when using these long-wear lipsticks.
I first met the Clove + Hallow brand at the Indie Beauty Expo in Los Angeles, a venue where small batch and mostly eco-conscious beauty companies are gathered to introduce themselves to the public. (Want to learn more about Indie Beauty? Check out my blog here!) I was immediately impressed by the range of inclusive colors that I saw. The packaging was pretty, clean and simple, just like the brand itself. (Make sure to read through the to the bottom to get my discount code!)
There were a total of 7 colors, so I picked up one of each, minus Jetsetter which is a bluish, indigo color that I didn't foresee myself really using. However, the color is very pretty.
At first swipe, I noticed the the texture was very creamy and smooth, but didn't have a "dry" feeling like a lot of long-wearing lip colors. You know what I mean? They feel like you are putting powder eyeshadow on your lips! AND only get drier from there. Some people may like that, not I. The initial layer is highly pigmented, you don't need to apply more than one layer, but if you want to, you will get a more saturated color. Sometimes I apply a light layer to the inner part of my lips, then blend outward to the lip line to get a more "lip-stain" look...very pretty!
As I mentioned before, this is a long-wearing, matte finish color. The smudge proof color doesn't fade and it doesn't get dry and crumbly due to the fact that they are infused with coconut oil, shea butter and vitamin E to deliver lip color that lasts all day without drying out your lips. (Imagine that!!) I actually use it for a lot of my brides that need their color to last all day. It's feather-proof, even the brighter colors like Road Trip and Fiesta stay in place and don't bleed into the fine lines around your mouth.
I'm totally loving these liquid lipsticks and I'm even more loving that natural and clean beauty lines like Clove + Hallow are really starting to have fun with their products. Make sure to check back often for more updates and reviews about this line, I've tried almost all of it and am pretty obsessed. I know that they have even more up their sleeve and can't wait to see what they have in store! Make sure to head on over to Clove + Hallow and check out all of their great products...enter code AFFILIATE15 to get 15% off your order!